This week, the National Center for Complex Health & Social Needs hosts their second annual conference, Putting Care at the Center, in Chicago, IL. This is the only national conference on complex care in America! With more than 600 people in attendance, this event promises an unparalleled opportunity for leaders and practitioners to exchange ideas. Follow along on Twitter at #CenteringCare18, and check out this list of nearly 50 people and organizations to follow.
All Twitter accounts are listed in alphabetical order. Errors and omissions are unintentional and can be reported via email to email@example.com.
These groups are the leaders and supporters of both Putting Care at the Center and its lead organizer, the National Center for Complex Health and Social Needs.
- @camdenhealth | Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers
- @johnahartford | The John A. Hartford Foundation
- @natlcomplexcare | The National Center for Complex Health and Social Needs
- @PetersonCHealth | The Peterson Center on Healthcare
- @RushSWCH | Rush University's Social Work and Community Health Team
- @RWJF | The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
Luminaries in Complex Care
These individuals are speakers and presenters at the event, and other recognized luminaries in the field of complex care. Only individuals with active Twitter accounts are listed here, and this is not intended to be a complete list.
- @aijenpoo | Ai-jen Poo is an award-winning activist, Executive Director of the National Domestic Workers Alliance, and this year's Keynote Speaker.
- @AMorrisSinger | Dr. Andrew Morris-Singer is the Founder & Chair of Primary Care Progress.
- @bgewald | Bonnie Ewald is Program Manager for Strategic Development and Policy at Rush University Medical Center.
- @bhangrajay | Dr. Jay Bhatt is the Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer of the American Hospital Association and President of AHA's Health Research Educational Trust.
- @caitlinsweany | Caitlin Sweany-Mendez is the Director of Transformation Facilitation & Support for the Health Care Transformation Task Force.
- @CM_Hood | Carly Hood-Ronick is the Social Determinants of Health Manager for the Oregon Primary Care Association.
- @corybsevin | Cory Sevin is a Director at the Institute for Healthcare Improvement.
- @DianeEMeier | Dr. Diane Meier is Director of the Center to Advance Palliative Care and Professor of Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
- @DrBruce_TSF | Dr. Bruce Chernof is President and CEO of The SCAN Foundation.
- @FrederickIsasi | Frederick Isasi is Executive Director of Families USA.
- @humowiecki | Mark Humowiecki is Sr. Director, National Initiatives for the Camden Coalition and the National Center for Complex Health and Social Needs.
- @JeanTerranova | Jean Terranova is the Director of Food and Health Policy at Community Servings.
- @KateDiazVickery | Dr. Kate Diaz Vickery is a primary care doctor and researcher at Hennepin County Medical Center.
- @lindagibbs | Linda Gibbs is a Principal at Bloomberg Associates. Linda served as New York City Deputy Mayor of Health and Human Services from 2005-2013.
- @KedarMate | Dr. Kedar Mate is Chief Innovation and Education Officer at the Institute for Healthcare Improvement.
- @MarenBatalden | Dr. Maren Batalden is Associate Chief Quality Officer and Director of Medical Management, ACO for Cambridge Health Alliance.
- @niravrshah | Dr. Nirav Shah is a Senior Scholar in the Clinical Excellence Research Center at Stanford University. Dr. Shah previously served as Commissioner of the New York State Department of Health.
- @ONeshaCochran76 | O'Nesha Cochran is the Program Supervisor at Bridges to Change.
- @Reyes_Nash14 | Leticia Reyes-Nash is Director of Programmatic Services and Innovation for Cook County Health & Hospitals System.
- @ring4jeff | Jeffrey Ring, PhD is a Principal at Health Management Associates.
- @SaraHartPhDRN | Sara Hart, PhD, RN is the Director of Student and Community Engagement in the College of Nursing at the University of Utah.
- @susanmende | Susan Mende is a Sr. Program Officer at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- @susanpolicy | Susan Reinhard, PhD, RN is Senior Vice President and Director, AARP Public Policy Institute, and Chief Strategist, Center to Champion Nursing in America.
Innovators & Experts
These organizations are presenters at the event and supporters of recent research and development in the field of complex care.
- @actmd | ACT.md
- @AuntBertha | Aunt Bertha
- @CAPCpalliative | The Center to Advance Palliative Care
- @CCEHI | Center for Consumer Engagement in Health Innovation
- @CHCShealth | Center for Health Care Strategies
- @CityBlockHealth | Cityblock Health
- @commonwealthfnd | The Commonwealth Fund
- @HMSPrimaryCare | Center for Primary Care at Harvard Medical School
- @manatt | Manatt Health
- @MilbankFund | The Milbank Memorial Fund
- @National_MLP | The National Center for Medical-Legal Partnership
- @_NowPow_ | NowPow
- @TheIHI | The Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- @TheSCANFndtn | The SCAN Foundation
Come and Meet ACT.md in the Beehive!
On Thursday and Friday, ACT.md will be presenting live demonstrations and overviews of our health collaboration hub platform.
Join us in the Beehive for our session, "Digital health for complex care: Collaboration hubs in action". Putting care at the center means redesigning how patients, families, care teams, and community-based organizations coordinate medical, behavioral, and social services. At our session, you will see and learn how care teams can track their work, engage patients and families, simplify communication, and streamline complex care workflows across the community. We will also share outcomes data from complex care projects across the country.
ACT.md speakers in the Beehive:
Amy Vreeland is the Chief Commercial Officer at ACT.md. She is especially inspired by leaders in healthcare and social services who are committed to addressing the social determinants of health. Amy brings over 25 years of experience and leadership in health technology. Email Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow her on Twitter at @amyvreeland99.
Dan Kamyck is the Director of Marketing at ACT.md. Prior to ACT.md, Dan was marketing manager at Fenway Health, one of the largest community health centers in New England and the nation's leading LGBTQ+ healthcare and population health research organization. Email Dan at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter at @dkamyck.